7

PRSA Boston Blog

This is a blog written by the PRSA Boston president (Tom Nutile for 2008) about events and activities involving PRSA Boston

Friday, May 18, 2007

Doing it right at Curry College

Today I wanted to recognize a student at Curry College (and the College itself) for outstanding achievements in public relations.

Specifically, last week, a Curry College senior, Ted Smith, who is majoring in public relations, was honored with the college Communication Department’s “Public Relations Award.”

One of the professors there asked me if I would be willing to write a letter congratulating him on this recognition. I was more than happy to do so (note: He interned at the agency for which I work, but I had nothing to do with the award or application, and I did not manage him). Rather than keep the letter available to just a small circle of people, I wanted to share with the greater Boston PR community the kind of professional that is coming out of our schools

The letter read as follows:

On behalf of the Boston Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, and its 400 members, I extend my congratulations to Ted Smith for being honored with Curry College’s “Public Relations Award” in recognition of his consistent scholastic achievements, successful completion of an internship at the premier PR agency for high-tech and medical companies, and unfailingly enthusiastic work as a Speech Associate in the College’s “Speaking Center.”

In addition, as a former PRSSA member myself and avid supporter of student-based public relations organizations, I am especially proud to recognize your work as the founding vice president of the Curry College Public Relations Student Association. You and your fellow board members have set a great example for others who follow in your footsteps. You have set the bar high by your own personal example of what an aspiring public relations professional can accomplish.

It is only with passionate advocates, dedicated to excellence in public relations, that our profession can grow, prosper and maintain public trust. You have amply demonstrated that dedication, and we, your professional colleagues, extend our sincerest congratulations. We look forward to welcoming you as a member of the Public Relations Society of America in the not-too-distant future.


Have you taken the time to interact with the next generation of public relations professions? If not, you should. But based on my experiences with Ted and the other interns at Schwartz - I am confident the new graduates will build on the work we have done and to steal a hackneyed cliche - The future is bright.

Congratulations Ted and congratulations Curry!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home