7

PRSA Boston Blog

This is a blog written by the PRSA Boston president (Tom Nutile for 2008) about events and activities involving PRSA Boston

Friday, December 01, 2006

Law Firm Media Professionals Event

This morning I spoke at a breakfast of the Law Firm Media Professionals. It was an honor to be invited and I enjoyed speaking on one of my favorite topics - PR measurement. I even took the bold step of starting out with a lawyer joke (subtly modified).

Q. "How can you tell if a PR professional is lying when they tell you they have the absolute perfect way to measure the effectiveness of a PR campaign?"

A. Their lips are moving.

There are many great ways to measure PR (and many horrible ways), but I do not believe there is any perfect way. We need to be consistent, quantifiable, rigorous and defensible. But you need to approach it in different ways based on your goals and your organization.

I learned just as much as them, so I really enjoyed the opportunity. I have conducted many thought leadership campaigns for clients over the years, but the amount of conflict of interest issues they need to deal with on a daily basis- puts anything I have had to consider to shame. I am impressed.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the holiday party on the 5th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home