7

PRSA Boston Blog

This is a blog written by the PRSA Boston president (Tom Nutile for 2008) about events and activities involving PRSA Boston

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

If you procrastinate, you have almost no shot

Good afternoon.

Just a reminder that the deadline for the Silver Anvil awards is fast approaching! (So are the Bronze Anvils, but you have more time there).

The Silver Anvil are, to my mind, the most prestigious PR Awards. They also require the most effort. This is a great chance to showcase the outstanding work you do over the course of a year and be recognized for the work you do. They keys are simple - solid research, good strategy, great execution and quantifiable results (more than just X clips...show how you moved the needle).

This is not just for large companies!

My teams have won Silver Anvils in the past. Some were for moderately large companies, but another was for a 20 person start up and we beat out some of the largest institutions in our category (hundreds of offices, thousands of people) to win. Now, I think I am a good PR pro, but I know so are the members of PRSA Boston.

The deadlines are:
Silver Anvil
February 16, 2007 Early Bird Deadline
March 2, 2007 Final deadline

You can find more info and the application form at: http://www.prsa.org/awards/

If you want to do these correctly and have a chance of winning, start now if you have not already done so. Why give PRSA more money just so you can have two more weeks? (Well, I guess we could make the argument it would keep our dues down for longer...but still).

The event itself is amazing. More on that, and some photos later.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or email me and I will do my best to answer them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home